Home > Library Services for Bank
Join our Staff Bank
Library Services for Bank
Resources include approximately 3300 books, some print journals and access to items from other NHS libraries through our inter-library loans service.
All bank staff are eligible to join the library and get an entry code for out-of-hours access.
Books, journals and e-resources
- Online library catalogue – Browse the catalogue as a ‘guest’, or library members can renew online, reserve books and view a record of previously borrowed items.
- NHS Knowledge and Library Hub – ebooks, ejournals, bibliographic databases (including Medline, Embase, CINAHL and BNI) and the clinical decision support tool BMJ Best Practice. Self-register for an NHS Open Athens account at openathens.nice.org.uk
- Browzine.com – View ejournals by clicking on “choose my library” and select “The Hillingdon Hospitals…” as the “home library”, then enter an NHS OpenAthens username and password to access full articles.
- NHS Knowledge and Library Hub Journals A-Z – Browse print and ejournals (login with NHS OpenAthens account)
- Bank staff can also visit the Library’s intranet page from devices on the Trust network, for details of services and resources.
Internet and intranet access
All bank staff can apply directly to the Digital Services Department for log-ins to use library PCs. Please note that only approved USB devices obtained from the IT department can be used on library PCs – all other devices will be blocked.
Wi-Fi is usually available in the Library: Select “NHS Wi-Fi”, read and accept the Terms and Conditions presented and follow the instructions to complete the registration process.
For more information about library services click here